[Vision2020] voter ID bill

Bill London london at moscow.com
Sat Mar 20 11:45:25 PDT 2010

Tom-
Your recent update included this notice:
2.   Voter ID Bill  --  HB496 passed the house on a 64-6 vote.  The bill
would require voters to show photo ID at the polls before they vote.
One of my concerns is that the Secretary of State reports that there do
not appear to be any major problems with voter fraud in Idaho.  In one
sense this is a solution in search of a problem.
---
I have a question regarding that proposal.
How does that affect the 20 to 30 percent of Idaho voters who use absentee ballots?  Absentee ballots can now be handled entirely through the mail.  Will that change?  Will that make it impossible for some absentee voters to vote since they may not be able to go to the courthouse to show photo ID.
Please let me know.
BL