[Vision2020] Say What?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Mar 19 10:38:57 PDT 2010

This is a question much more important, say, than "Could Superman beat Batman if they wrestled?", no matter how unreal both Beck and Palin appear at times.

I think it's conceivable -- not likely, but conceivable -- that the two could join forces at some point to catapult her onto the national stage again.   I think Sarah's evangelicalism would make it very unlikely that she and Glenn, an LDS, would share a ticket, though, given that most evangelicals would view that as "un-common cause" religiously.  However, a PAC, Third Party, or other organization specifically designed to elevate her, him, Lou Dobbs, or some other Tea Party favorite (that's not going to be Pawlenty, I'm certain) to contender status in 2012 is, I think, very likely.  It would have to be something other than the grass-roots, or AstroTurf, movement(s) we now see; I think the hardcore Constitutionalists, some extreme right evangelicals, the fiscal-but-not-social-policy Libertarians and the racist elements now attempting to mainstream are all very likely to coalesce into that organization, and only Palin, Beck, and Dobbs have the fame necessary to make it a factor.

For all it's worth, I think Beck is odious and Sarah, merely dumb.  Both, however, are dangerous to what most of us hold dear.  The odious fan the flames, and the dense attract the powerful.  Bad combination.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com