[Vision2020] The Power Hour "Libertarian" Radio ShowPromotesClaim of 9/11 Cover-up[

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 20:31:23 PDT 2010

Garrett,

Here is my opinion granted short(busy time for me) but I would be more than glad to share my opinions over a cup of coffee.

 'We did not need to invade Iraq, especially considering Afghanastan was being neglected.  "
Agreed but shoudn't have been in Afganastan either.

"The whole war was based on false pretenses.  Those who challenged that were ridiculed. But the facts were apparent even to those living over there having bombs dropped on their heads."
OIL?

"Don't you think it is normal for them to resent a country that propped up Saddam, left them hanging during the 90's and then came back, taking control of the oil fields before Baghdad?"
Have we received any oil? Why are so many happy with us? Why do so many troops come back with positve results? Why the high voter turnouts under direct fire?

"Don't you think they saw the war machine gearing up under sketchy circumstances?"
I'm sure they were scared shitless regardless. Also, unsure about their dictator

"Don't you think having a loved one killed by a US soldier is going to piss them off?"
Yes

"Don't you think they heard the religious rhetoric coming from the US military and government?"
I think they assumed

"Why would they trust American power?"
Democracy is better than the alternative

"Why would they all of a sudden get along with each other?"
They wouldn't

"Shock and aweing another people is not the best way to get them to like you. From the beginning there were mulitiple reasons why an insurgency would develop which would thwart any success."
Such as prevoius foreign policies inacted by many different presidents

"As soon as you call your war "Infinite Justice" and name your weapons "hellfire" missles, you are going to shake the religious hornets nest."
Bring it(refering to the radical muslims all over the world who have a holy war throughout numerous nations)

"You can't beat that. Fanaticism turns people into suicide bombers.  They will always be a threat."
Fanatics? Us? Dont buy it. Religion goes a long way.

"I think you have to walk in the shoes of the people you are fighting.  Until you understand their motives for hating you, you won't have any option but to keep fighting.  And you can't kill them all without causing too much damage (death and destruction) that in itself feeds the flame of resentment."
Taught to our military. understand the enemy so you know how to defeat them.

"I don't think we can make people over there get along. If they don't have a common enemy to hate (the US) they are probably going to keep killing each other based on their historical grievences, competition or just to survive."
Agreed

"Saddam kept a lid on the violence that erupted."
was great at it too

"The question is how long, how much blood and how much money are going to be on our hands until we realized realistically there isn't going to be success on that battlefield?"
Couldn't agree more. Which is why I oppossed Afganistan too.

Anyways I would like to discuss more but have nn time for it. You have my number though Garrett, and would enjoy a great conversation with you.

Take care
Matt

"how Bush/Obama or whomever can ensure success on a battlefield? Aren't all battles a gamble, thus the last option? I don't feel Iraq was a total failure but one we should have not involved ourselves with."

I think the answer to your second question helps answer your first.  The Iraq war was not the last option.  We were not being attacked.  They were not behind 911.  It turns out they probably didn't have wmds either.

[...]

Call me pessimistic, but I don't have much hope for humanity over there. Human emotions are raw from lack of love and nourishment.  Their bodies and souls are sick. Feeding that with violence will only continue to make those people more unhealthy, and thus more likely to resort to their animal natures.  I have no idea how to solve that.

Fortunately our own v2020 rivalries aren't at quite the temperature as a sunni vs shiite.

But to answer your question, you can't have success on the battlefield if the war your fighting is based on lies and the wrong reason, which the Iraq war is.

Thanks for requesting my opinion, however long winded and wrong it may be...

gclev