[Vision2020] public, specific, immediate

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Mar 16 14:37:20 PDT 2010

Visionaires,

I'm writing this upon my return from a busy day out, and without having read earlier emails today about the Dale Courtney thing -- so know that this comes on my own, apart from similar or opposing posts earlier.  It might actually be smart for me to read the Viz first and then write this, but it's important for me to say this and I can't imagine anything else that's more so.

Yesterday, in response to Courtney's ill treatment of Shirley Ringo on his blog, I wrote about three specific instances of what I called, and still believe to be, bad behavior on his part, behavior that I found as objectionable as his rumor-mongering regarding Shirley's re-election plans.  Those events happened, and happened to me personally, and happened, by the way, not at all as Gary imagines.  But here's the point of this post:  Even though two of the incidents happened in public, and the comments my husband objected to were made public on Dale's blog, I should not have brought them up on Vision -- or anywhere else.  It was wrong for me to do so.  I don't like the "alleged Kirk misdeeds" and Nazi/Hitler thread springing from it -- remember, I haven't checked Vision 2020 since 9 a.m., so there may be breaking news on that front -- and I don't intend to be drawn into it.  I write on this forum and on my blog (which doesn't feature yesterday's post or any info from it) about things I know to be true, or about opinions I have.  I also hold myself to a pretty high standard, and yesterday I didn't even come close to reaching it.

I sinfully discussed things that weren't appropriate on a public forum.  I apologize to Dale Courtney and to all of you -- even those of you who now, upon reading my apology, think I'm even nuttier than you did yesterday.  And I sincerely hope that Shirley isn't in any way associated with words that were mine and mine only.  She doesn't deserve any scorn from what I wrote.  I do.

Chastened but carrying on,

Keely

www.keely-prevailingwinds.com