[Vision2020] Happy Pi Day!

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Mar 14 14:10:39 PDT 2010

Kinda-sorta related . . . my son and I just saw Darren Aronofsky's film "Pi" the other day, and it was fascinating.

Aronofsky's storytelling and camera work may be off-putting to some, but "Pi" is as affecting as it is intense, and I would recommend it for very mature teenagers and adults.  There are some disturbing scenes, but it's ultimately a fine movie.  "Requiem For A Dream" is another Aronofsky film that I recommend (to discerning, mature audiences -- which begs the question of why I was allowed . . . ).  His style is evident throughout both, but the intensity of the performances as well as the depth of the stories themselves make each film entirely gripping on its own.

So, Happy "Pi" Day, and check out the film . . .

3.14infinity to all,

Keely