[Vision2020] Teabaggers

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 21:45:27 PST 2010

Dan writes:

"And Garrett, I *did* help you get those turkeys into the poultry ordinance "

Yes, thank you, I appreciate that and said such after it was passed (if you missed that post I'll paste the link: http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2009-November/067364.html )

I don't want to get started on that ordinance but it does seem odd that the council passed a law that lets your neighbor have 25 ducks 25 feet from your home, while 6 female turkeys have to be 40 feet away.

That seems very arbitrary as ducks (or even a cow which is also allowed to be 25 feet as well) are noisier than turkeys.

The law doesn't make sense and just reinforced my belief that the council doesn't take time to really think about the laws they are passing.

The question is why turkeys were banned in the first place as that would have been completely overboard.
But thank you, Dan, for making a case for the turkeys...

Take care,

Garrett Clevenger