[Vision2020] Legislative Newsletter VIII - March 2-7, 2010

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2008 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 00:26:56 PST 2010

Rep. Trail,

Thanks for the updates. It looks like Idaho schools have been JFACed again!

I think it is unfortunate that the State is cutting education even further for 2011, especially when it could be doing it in much more effective manners other than reducing the minimum salary for a teacher.

How about an income cap instead, of  say $250,000 a year for government employees, including those serving Idaho on a federal level? I'm sure Risch would be happy to fund Idaho's education system since he saved so much on property taxes over the years--- wouldn't you agree?

I don't think raising taxes on the general population is a good idea right now because it reduces the buying power of people in Idaho. I think going after the people that don't pay their fair share of taxes is a better way to go than to further tax those that do.

Why doesn't Idaho just vaccinate children at school? If parents don't want their children to be vaccinated they can refuse to sign the waivers. The children stay home the days of vaccination, and can make up the days in the following summer.

Your Friend,

Donovan Arnold