[Vision2020] Imagine That, Butch - Politics Is a Rough 'Sport'

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:45:36 PST 2010

Otter will likely be re-elected.  Current political Madison Avenue
advertising/propaganda trends indicate Democrats are successfully being
blamed for the economic problems the US faces, which of course are to a
great extent the result of past public and private sector decisions, not
current Democratic economic policy.  And if the US economy does not
substantially lower the unemployment rate by 2012, Obama may find he will
serve only one term, assuming he will run again, regardless of whether the
economic problems are due to his failures or not.  Of course, the Tea Party
independents may split the Republican vote, if they succeed in promoting a
third candidate, so Obama may still have a chance, even if the economy does
not rebound by 2012.  But Otter can attract both Tea Party independents and
more traditional Republicans... In a political cultural landscape where
Sarah Palin receives a huge amount of media attention as a potential
political candidate, we can assume that rational decision making in the body
politic is in serious jeopardy.  I suppose this has always been the case...
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett