[Vision2020] Economy Delays Construction on Hawkins Site, Again

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Mar 3 10:10:31 PST 2010

The Hawkins spokesman says:

"We've invested multiples of millions in this project," he said. "We're not walking away."

So they're gonna spend $100 million more to build an unneeded supermall?

And people wonder why our economy collapsed due to risky investments.

This is the same mentality that says, "too many people have died and too many hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent on a {misguided} war to just pull out.  So lets keep fighting." and wasting lives, money and morality.

Sometimes the smartest thing to do is realize you made a bad decision a pull out before digging yourself any deeper.

Our country is living way beyond it's means investing in consumerism.

Meanwhile we don't have the money to invest in our kids.

Brilliant...

Garrett Clevenger