[Vision2020] Article Error: "Scan of Arctic ice dispels melting gloom, researcher says"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 16:36:38 PDT 2010

I should clarify that I do not agree with the article title in the subject
heading that 2010 Arctic ice trends "dispels melting gloom."  I was pointing
out what I think is a major error in the article, as my original post
indicates at website below:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2010-June/070680.html
------------------
The article you referenced made the point that orbital variations
(Milankovitch Cycles, though the article does not mention this specifically)
should now be tending to increase Arctic sea ice.  I made the general point
that Milankovitch Cycles should now be cooling Earth's climate in an op-ed
in the Moscow/Pullman Daily news in Feb. 2007.  The article can be read at
this website:

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2007-February/041709.html

It is interesting that many of the anthropogenic climate warming skeptics
insist natural variables are mainly causing the observed warming of climate,
not human impacts, while they apparently dismiss the science that indicates
natural variables may at this point be tending to cool the Earth's climate.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett