[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jun 23 05:25:26 PDT 2010

"I would think that the biggest factor in how much less we've had on the
air really has to do with [war correspondent] Lara Logan's pregnancy than
it does with anything else."

- CBS News executive VP Paul Friedman, on the sharp drop in coverage of
the Afghanistan war

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/453933-The_War_You_re_Not_Watching.php

Concerning the war in Afghanistan . . .

June 11, 2010 – June 17, 2010
Killed: 17; Wounded in action: 132

But, by all means, let's hear about Lara Logan's pregnancy.

Priorities, you know.

Like I warned earlier . . .

One death is a tragedy, a thousand deaths (or in this case 17) is nothing
more than a statistic.

As Country Joe McDonald so eloquently suggested in his song about Vietnam
. . .

"Come on, fathers.  Don't hesitate.  Send your boys off before it's too
late.  Be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a
box."

EFF CBS News!

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."