[Vision2020] Sentence Appropriate?

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Tue Jun 22 17:56:31 PDT 2010

I agree, Paul.  Given the light sentence, I suspect he wasn't aware she was
under age.  While I do think there have been a couple of grave injustices
which resulted in light sentences (or one a potential light sentence--well I
think anything less than life in prison is a light sentence for Silas Parks)
I don't see this as that sort of issue.  And the fact he has the opportunity
for a withheld judgment, and that the court only asked for 90 days in jail
and 10 years probation is a pretty good indication they don't consider him a
grave risk for reoffending.

Sue H.