[Vision2020] Something to Ponder

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jun 20 07:47:05 PDT 2010

Mr. Rumelhart -

Mr. Velarde brought up family history of military service as excuse to act
poorly.  I was simply responding to it, ok?  If he wishes to go further
down that "road", I will be more than glad to accompany him and we can
discuss my father's combat experience in WW2, as well as my paternal
grandfather's WW1 experience in the signal corps.

OK?

> Serving in the military is not a pre-requisite for citizenship.  I thank
> everyone who has chosen to do so, but we shouldn't berate those who did
> not make that choice.
>
> Paul
>
> Tom Hansen wrote:
>> "Lets not forget my pateral grandmother's side of the family who had
>> Navajo Code Talkers serve in World War II. They served their country so
>> that Venom 20/20 could have the freedom of speech to berate one of their
>> decents on it's messege board."
>>
>> - David Velarde (June 20, 2010)
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/ILikeIke/112506065442567?ref=ts

>> I can say without fear of qualification or contradiction that we are all
>> proud of those Native Americans who served our country and the millions
>> of
>> others who also served in uniform,
>>
>> Now that you bring it up, Mr. Velarde . . .
>>
>> When and where did you serve?
>>
>> Tom Hansen
>> SFC, US Army (Retired)
>> Moscow, Idaho
>>
>> "Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the
>> tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime."
>>
>> -- Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

>>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>>                http://www.fsr.net

and the Realist adjusts his sails."