[Vision2020] update on Exxon-Mobil and i-Mineral highway use

Rep. Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Wed Jun 16 16:26:41 PDT 2010

Constituents:

There is a great deal of interest about Exxon Mobil
freighting large oil refinery machine and equipment over Highway 12.  I've been working with Jim
Carpenter,  Regional Director
of ITD, to try and set up a meeting in Moscow to discuss the subject with
representatives of Exxon Mobil and ITD.  We are still in the process of making final
arrangements, and we hope to set up the meeting on June 28th from 11:00 am
to 1:00 am in City Hall.
There will also be an evening meeting in Lewiston on the 28th.

There have also been some inquires about the i-Mineral
Project in Bovill.

The State Land Board just approved a 29 year lease with I
Minerals.  Major concerns have
been expressed about the 40-50 truckloads of concentrated ore that would
be shipped from Bovill down the Kendrick grade each day.  Mr. Carpenter indicates the
potential highway impacts have been submitted.

Listed below is the communique from Mr. Carpenter to me.

Rep. Tom Trail

************************

Representative Trail,

I have a call into the City of Moscow and am awaiting word
on using City Hall.  The
Exxon/Mobil folks are concerned about having enough time between meetings
and getting their people here and want to run from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00
p.m..  We hope to have all of
the details firmed up by the end of the week and I'll let you know the
time and place for sure.

I attended the public meeting in Deary last month
regarding i-Minerals operation.
We submitted our requirements for highway impacts into the

testimony that was received that day.

Jim