[Vision2020] Highway 12

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Jun 9 06:32:28 PDT 2010

Setting aside all the potential damage (to the road surface and otherwise),
I will say this:

It is pretty interesting to see how they haul these large loads.  I was up
early one morning here in town (probably after an ambulance call) and
decided to get some breakfast, and got to watch something oversized (I can't
remember what it was, but that's neither here nor there) try and wind its
way through from the Pullman highway to 95 South.  Several chase crews were
out to raise power lines in order for the rig to pass under, along with many
pilot cars and flaggers.

Again, I'm not saying I'm for or against any of this use of US12, or
expressing any opinion about the exploitation of the Alberta tar sands, just
sharing an observation.

DC