[Vision2020] Verizon becomes Frontier Communications . . . or "New Communications Holdings Inc"

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Wed Jun 2 22:23:34 PDT 2010

I'm wondering if anyone has any input about Verizon dumping rural landlines
(and DSL service) in 14 rural states will mean for us locally?

I've been trying to keep up with the news since we got The Letter a month
ago, but I've not seen anything positive.  This afternoon, we got
notification about the DSL part, which will switch over effective 7/1/2010.

True to form, neither Verizon nor Frontier really have much information
available online . . . the only landline stuff I could find is about
digital, which we're not interested in or else we'd have switched already
when we started getting "shortfall charges" from Verizon & told that it
costs money to opt out of long-distance with them.

The "reviews" I was able find aren't very positive, although to be fair,
Verizon doesn't get great reviews, either.

Just wondering what others are thinking . . .

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****