[Vision2020] Update on Exxon-Mobil Mega-Loads from FightingGoliath.org

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 29 08:46:13 PDT 2010

Good Morning Visionaries:

Here is some info and action items from the good folks trying to save their livelihoods on Highway 12.  I will be fishing on the Lochsa in a few days and I'm looking forward to meeting the the duo of Linwood and Borg.

Nick

1. Study: Trucks underpay for ailing Idaho roads -- (Spokesman Review) Idaho motorists are paying more and more of the cost of maintaining the state’s roads, while drivers of heavy trucks are paying less, according to a new state study - though the trucks are causing far more damage to the roads. Read more ...

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/jul/27/study-trucks-underpay-ailing-idaho-roads/

2. Trucks vs. cars on pavement damage -- (Spokesman Review) ...one fully loaded axle on a big truck is equal to the pavement damage of 10,000 passenger cars. Task force members were stunned. ...   Read more...

 http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/boise/2010/jul/27/trucks-vs-cars-pavement-damage/

3. NWF representative says [Imperial Oil's] Kearl [Module Transportation] project needs study like oil pipeline. (Missoulian) Read more...

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_c1b31016-9a02-11df-992c-001cc4c03286.html

5. An opportunity to talk to the Governor of Idaho about the proposed Conoco Phillips & Imperial Oil massive shipments on U.S.12:

Gov. Butch Otter and ITD Transportation Director Brian Ness, among other state officials, will be in Pierce from 9-3 on Wednesday August 4th.  It will be one of Otter's "capital for a day" sessions, including a question-and-answer period. Anyone within range of Pierce that day, please consider attending and asking the Governor about the U.S.12 mega-load transport issue ... an perhaps also expressing your opposition to it. (If you do plan to attend, please let us know, so we know someone will be there. We can't be.)

Borg Hendrickson
The Rural People of Highway 12
www.FightingGoliath.org

Sign the Deny Permits petition: :  http://www.PetitionOnline.com/k12sfw/petition.html