[Vision2020] NOAA: NCDC: June 2010, Jan. Through June 2010, Global Temperatures are Warmest on Record

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 20:11:44 PDT 2010

The period covers 1895 through 2009.  I'm using data from the United
States Historical Climatology Network, which is, I believe, the same
data that the NOAA's NCDC uses.  Although I still don't have it straight
who collected exactly what data and who has gathered it together and
analyzed it.  According to this NCDC's website
(http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/ushcn/), the data has been
adjusted to account for station relocations, among other things.  They
use both station histories if available and tests to look for abnormal
differences between local station pairs in an attempt to find
undocumented change points.

So, presumably that has been accounted for.  The question is, did they
account for it by lowering the previous values or raising the later values?

Paul