[Vision2020] How many subscribers?

Ken kmmos1 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 17 23:35:45 PDT 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 20:39:31 Sam Scripter wrote:
> I've just been on the Vision2020 website, but I can't
> figure out any way to find out How Many Subscribers
> there are to Vision2020.
>
> Can anyone tell me/us?

The list manager(s) at First Step Internet certainly have that information.
Whether, and how much, of that information they are willing to reveal may be
another matter. The answer to the question "Just whose privacy are they
protecting, anyway?" may or may not have an interesting answer, however
frustrating it may be to have no answers at all.

One suggestion to the list managers that may shed some light on some list
members questions, without necessarily giving away any identities, is that
there are some really good mailing list manager programs in existence today
that will allow those list members who wish to, or who are willing to,
identify themselves to do so via the mailing list management software.
Particularly, I am referring to the Mailman program that is available under
the GNU license for free public use.

I realize that the list management may have written the software under which
the list now operates, and may feel that if it's not broken, it doesn't need
to be fixed. Well, fair enough. The fact remains, though, that additional,
useful functionality is available for the cost of converting from one list
management program to another, with likely benefits both in more flexible
list management as well as potentially more list participant information
available from those who are willing to release it on-line.

Ken