[Vision2020] No "fiesta", please we're Idahoans

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jul 8 13:44:40 PDT 2010

"Amen!," Paul!

(Ummm, "Amen" in Spanish is "Amen," too, and "Amen" in English is actually "Amen" in Aramaic.  I meant the English "Amen").

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com

Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 13:19:45 -0700
From: godshatter at yahoo.com
To: rforce2003 at yahoo.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] No "fiesta", please we're Idahoans

This kind of thing drives me up a wall.  I can understand concerns about the illegality of people crossing our borders, though it doesn't strike me as being the hottest topic on the list by far, but changing the name of a celebration because it has a word of Spanish origin in the title?  Unbelievable.

Our culture in the past has become a premier world player because of our immigration laws.  This country was built on the backs of hard-working immigrants who had the will and the courage to leave everything behind and jump at an opportunity to better themselves here.  We should be celebrating the diversity of culture which has made our country into what it is.  I rank this right up there with "Freedom Fries", both of them in the running for the most farcical thing
 to get your panties in a bunch over.

Paul