[Vision2020] Two Questions . . .

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 16:59:11 PDT 2010

The intent sounds good, but the politics are a little murky.

This is a pet project of the Otters. The Meth Project was originally founded by
Tom Seibel, a wealthy Sarah Palin supporter. So far the state has  appropriated
$1.5 million for advertising and support. The state's initial investment of $1
million was supposed to be seed money, but they came back and got more this
year, when $ were tight. Democrats objected, said that although meth awareness
had risen and use had dropped, supporters couldn't prove that the project was
the cause.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/15/1117710/more-money-likely-for-idaho-meth.html

The Statesman's editorial board questioned whether it was the best use for the
money when other programs were being cut:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/17/1120064/an-unproven-program-with-powerful.html?storylink=mirelated

They called it "an unproven program with powerful friends".

Finally, parents in Coeur d'Alene and Spokane objected to the graphic
advertising on billboards:

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_84dfe9cb-4f69-5e41-8640-1490d04cc6f2.html

Ron Force
Moscow ID USA