[Vision2020] We're Treading on Dangerous Times, America

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jul 7 16:36:59 PDT 2010

All in good humor, V-peeps:

Since a Viz subscriber inquired off-list.

Concerning graffiti:  In accordance with Title 10 (Police Regulations),
Chapter 16 (Graffiti) . . .

"16-2 For the purposes of this Chapter, Graffiti shall mean: Any
unauthorized inscription, word, figure, painting or other defacement that is
written, marked, etched, scratched, sprayed, drawn, painted, or engraved on
or otherwise affixed to any surface of public or private property by any
graffiti implement, to the extent that the graffiti was not authorized in
advance by the owner or occupant of the property, or, despite advance
authorization, is otherwise deemed a public nuisance.

(Ord. 2007-05, 06/04/2007)"

I offer into evidence . . .

HighSchool_Graffiti.jpg

---------------------------

Furthermore, concerning the sale of alcohol . . . and in accordance with
Title 9 (Business Regulations), Chapter 7 (Liquor) . . .

"7-20B. No license shall be issued for any location where liquor is sold or
dispensed to be consumed on the premises, whether conducted for pleasure or
profit, that is within three hundred feet (300’) of any public school,
church, or any other place of worship measured in a straight line to the
nearest entrance to the licensed premises, except with the approval of the
Council . . .

(Ord. 2008-25, 12/01/2008) (I.C. § 23-913)"

Church_Beer.jpg

We have only ourselves to blame, V-peeps.

This bedlam of cultural degeneration is merely the collateral damage of a
society bent on self-mutilation.

First it was topless carwashes orchestrated and managed for financial gain
by the very element of our social fabric that hope to become tomorrow’s
leaders . . . university coeds.

This activity gave way to a more heinous, more sickeningly contagious
activity . . . smoking cigarettes in local taverns.

We failed to heed the warning so profoundly stated by the group Brownsville
Station back in ’73 while they were “Smoking in the Boys Room” . . .

“Checking out the halls

Making sure the coast is clear

Looking in the stalls

No, there ain't nobody here

My buddy Fang, and me and Paul

To get caught would surely

Be the death of us all.”

--------

Seey in general lockup, Moscow.

"Corporations are an oppressed minority forced to move headquarters from
state to state in search of friendlier tax codes--sometimes being forced to
live just off our shores in tiny mailboxes."

- John Oliver, The Daily Show