[Vision2020] Gaza Lecture

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Jan 17 06:02:48 PST 2010

With special thanks to a friend and fellow Viz subscriber, I share in the
announcement of a most fascinating lecture concerning Gaza to be conducted
in the Idaho Commons on Wedensday evening by Dr. Bill Dienst.

Forum, UNITY, and Palouse Peace Coalition. We are excited to have Dr.
Bill Dienst as a guest at University of Idaho this coming Wednesday,
January 20. At 5:30 pm in the Aurora room, (4th floor of Idaho
Commons) Dr. Dienst will present a lecture and update on the situation
in Gaza. An emergency room physician and Ship's Physician for the
first Free Gaza boats that broke the siege of Gaza in August 2008, his
insight into this issue is well-informed. He will certainly share
information you won't hear elsewhere. Please join us for this
thought-provoking lecture. The event is free, but donations for Haiti
and Gaza benefits will be accepted.

If you're interested in talking with Dr. Dienst before his lecture
over tea/coffee/snacks with a small group of us, please let me know.
Also, I'm attaching the event flyer in this message. Feel free to
forward it to anyone else who may be interested.

Please contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Lynn McAlister
Co-chair, Social Forum at University of Idaho

----------------------

Dr. Dienst with Dr. Amir, a Palestinian physician.

http://electronicintifada.net/artman2/uploads/1/bill-dramir-87.jpg

Dr. Bill Dienst describes the ongoing human-made humanitarian crisis in
Gaza Strip and need for breaking the Israeli siege on Gaza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_4bsipt9Xg

Seeya there, Moscow.

"O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie! Above thy deep and
dreamless sleep the silent stars go by. Yet in thy dark streets shineth
the everlasting Light; The hopes and fears of all the years are met in
thee tonight."

- Extract from the Christmas song "Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem"