[Vision2020] Roger: The Rich Don't Pay More Taxes

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jan 14 12:59:54 PST 2010

Nick
If I were writing an article for a professional journal or even a magazine article, I would research every thing thoroughly with footnotes.  I have nether the time or the inclination to do so for vision2020. You apparently have more time than I do. If you want to claim victory on that account be my guest. Over the long haul no county with a state controlled economy has prospered as well as those where most of the businesses  are in the hands of the private sector. Witness eastern Europe before and after communism. Aside from that it is amoral for the state to steal from those that have earned it and give it thos that sit on their ass. I do not agree with Oliver Wendel Homes Jr. who said that morality is not absolute but changes as society changes. Donovan is wrong in his statements. At one time he may have had a point. There were in the past unfair labour practices. Thanks to Sammual Gompers and other that has changed. Teddy Roosevelt broke up the large trusts such as Standa!
 rd Oil.
Most business do not operate as a monopoly and are relatively fair, do in part the federal regulation.We do not need any more of it. Other than speculators that skew the stock market, most of the economy runs fine. They and such federal entitles as fanny and freddy are responsible for the mess we are in today. There is plenty of evidence for this, but I am not going to take the time to document it for you. You can do that yourself by reading Thomas Sewell and others. Instead I am sure that you will rely on the Keynesian  Economists that have been proven wrong time and again.
Society should take care of those that legitimately can not provide for themselves. but do not have an obligation to support the ablebodied. My son lost his job a few yeas ago. He had a lot of payments to make. He found a job as a janitor for Lazy J in Jerome. His wife went to work on the assembly line for Spear. This was not easy for her since she has Fibro myalgia. He is now a production supervisor for McCains and she is The extension Educator for Lincoln County.My ex son in law is a hypochondriac. When he does work he repeatedly takes of because he does not feel good or his back hurts. But he always feels good enough to hunt or fish. He is very skilled at a lot of things but usually does not work. He could have had a job driving truck for McGregors, but told them he had to have time off in hunting session. That is their busy time. He naturally did not get the job.  He did work for Greg Lennehan, but quit. Greg who put up with him being a hypochondriac because of his many !
 skills
offered to rehire him. I do not feel sorry for him. My oldest daughter works for the Idaho State Soils Commission. It is being eliminated and what they do will be handled by the State Agricultural Department. She may or may not have a job.They should eliminate the administrators in Boise and keep those that do the work, but that is not guaranteed. She will take what ever job she can find, be it at a convenience mart or washing dishes in restaurant. This may not be ease as she has diabetes and (like me) arthritis. Again it is amoral to take from those that work and give it to those that won't. conservatives as a whole are more generous than those like Joe Biden or the tax cheat  secretary of The Treasury, that want government to be the nanny. Bill Gates should be able to decide for himself where his money goes.

You criticize me for not providing documentation, but you just state that some areas with  tight gun control have low crime, with out giving any documentation. How is that any different that what I did? Take El Paso and Juerez. Mexico has tight gun control laws but crime and murder are rampant in Juerez. Across the river in El Paso where there is little gun control there is substantially less crime. I am sure you will find other explanations for this. Even so the government should not be controlling what law abiding citizens do. but go after the criminals. In England a women was being harassed by teenagers out side her window. She held up a knife in the window. the police reprimanded her, not the teenagers. I am glad I live in Idaho where one can still defend himself. Aside from what effect gun control has on crime, the right to self defense is natural law. Any government that denies the right of a citizen to self defense is out of bounds.
Roger