[Vision2020] Nancy Casey on the Haiti Earthquake

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Jan 13 15:43:23 PST 2010

Nancy Casey on the Haiti EarthquakeThe mind boggles at the size of this and other natural disasters.  This calls to mind the tidal wave a few years ago whose death toll exceeded 250,000.

But the death toll is only a small part of the suffering.  The lost of loved ones, jobs, homes/housing and the resulting social disorganization last for many years.

Earthquakes are usually accompanied by aftershocks some of which can continue to damage the already weakened infrastructure.

Our hearts go out to those who now must live amidst the results of this disaster.

W.