[Vision2020] Ya Gotta Love This Guy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Feb 25 15:29:03 PST 2010

Courtesy of the Pensito Review at:

http://tinyurl.com/Insurance-Company-Subsidiaries

Rep. Weiner on House Floor: ‘Republicans Are Wholly Owned Subsidiary of
the Insurance Industry’

Finally, a Democrat tells the truth about the Republicans to their faces
on the floor of the House:

In a discussion of the Health Insurance Industry Fair Competition Act,
apparently speaking on Rep. Peter DeFazio’s (D.-OR) time, Weiner laughs
and says, “You know, you gotta love these Republicans. You guys have
chutzpah.”

Then Weiner yells that the Republican Party “are a wholly owned subsidiary
of the insurance industry.” Some discussion is heard offscreen, which we
thought was Republicans asking for the Yiddish to be translated, but after
Weiner bounces around yelling for a while and then repeats the subsidiary
charge, Rep. Daniel Lundgren (R.-CA) demands he withdraw the remarks.

Weiner says, “You really don’t want to go here, Mr. Lundgren,” The chair
sends Weiner to the penalty box.

This all happens in the first minute. Much fumf-fumf as Weiner prepares to
revise his remarks. Then, around 2:30, he does so: “Every single
Republican I have ever met in my entire life is a wholly owned subsidiary
of the insurance industry!” Then he gets challenged and has to revise
again.

Video of Rep. Weiner on House floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOQ2GEGm3v0

Write-in Rep. Weiner (D-NY) for President in 2012.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown