[Vision2020] UIdaho.edu domain compromised?

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 19 00:45:21 PST 2010

I have four browser windows spinning in attempts to connect to
uidaho.edu, lib.uidaho.edu, asui.uidaho.edu, and
vandalweb.uidaho.edu. At this moment, none of them are responding,
whereas usually this is a small-number-of-seconds connection.

After writing the sentence above, I now have four network timeout
messages from the domain.

Has the University of Idaho Internet domain been compromised?

Other connections, to local sites and national and international ones
connect and operate O.K.

Before sending this message, I tried each of the four connections
again, and I have three timeout messages, with the asui connection
still attempting to resolve, without success as yet.

An attempt to send a message to helpdesk at uidaho.edu failed.

What's up?

Ken