[Vision2020] Emoticons?

Sam Scripter MoscowSam at charter.net
Thu Dec 30 11:31:53 PST 2010

EMOTICONS?

Yes, as Darrell wrote below, "emoticons would come in handy on this
listserv."

There sure seems to be a lot of misinterpretation, lately, on the
intentions of
a few individuals who post to this group.

Why aren't emoticons employed?  : (

Would a reader be kind enough to post a short list of fundamental emoticons?
Please, not an exhaustive list -- which I never can remember -- but the
basics.

I have one special request:  Generally, I recognize "blunt" when I read
it, but
just to be sure, what in heck is the emoticon for _*BLUNT*_?  : )

I wonder, too, how many readers of this group's postings _cannot_ employ
_font "treatments"_* *such as *bolding *and _underscoring_ to impart
emphasis?
Are there still people out there restricted to "_plain text_"? I mean,
of course,
V2020 members _other than_ those who post extensively from _hand-held
mobile
devices_, where fiddling with font treatments is undoubtedly a big
inconvenience.

Sam I still am, in Moscow . . .  : )