[Vision2020] Purpose of Postings

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Tue Dec 21 18:22:31 PST 2010

Verbatim - here is the posting I made for the first installment.

/My curiosity about the recent plethora of media spots, billboards and
ads by the Foundation for a Better Life led me to their website at
www.values.com /

/Their premise is that the values we live by are worth more when we
"Pass Them On"./

/*Their view is *that .. "everyone views the world through a unique
lens" and a Foundation objective "... is to provide a wide spectrum of
values that are universal, encouraging and inspiring." /

//

//

/They state that "(B)ecause values are worth more when we pass them on,
The Foundation for a Better Life chose these values to share with you...
Pass It On" /

/So, for the next several weeks, I will post one of their values and
leave it to you to ponder, post and/or pass it on./

//

/I do encourage you all to visit their website - most inspiring./

End of first post - additional thoughts below.  Visit the website
www.values.com.  Peruse ... and you will find:

*Values. No matter where we live, we live by values. Because they are
worth more when we pass them on, The Foundation For a Better Life chose
these values to share. Explore each value or suggest your own.
*

*and
*

*The Foundation for a Better Life began as a simple idea to promote
positive values. We believe that people are basically good and just need
a reminder. And that the values we live by are worth more when we pass
them on.

and*

*Throughout this site, you can pass things on to your friends, family or
co-workers---anyone who might enjoy our site.

and
*
*We want the stories we share about the positive actions and values of
others to serve as inspiration for someone to do one thing a little
better, and then pass on that inspiration. A few individuals living
values-based lives will collectively make the world a better place.

Therein lies my motivation - self examination (one value at a time) and
sharing.  Ah, the time you ask?  Well, retirement affords one the time
to do many things to which I am grateful.

Happy Holiday Season
*