[Vision2020] Installment #2 - Character

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 17:19:07 PST 2010

And the "Foundation for a Better Life is wholly funded by:

Philip Anschutz
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Philip Anschutz
Born28 December 1939 (age 70)
Russell, Kansas, USA
OccupationBusinessman
Philip Frederick Anschutz (pronounced ANN-shoots, born 28 December 1939 in
Russell, Kansas) is an American entrepreneur. Anschutz bought out his father's
drilling company in  1961, and earned large returns in Wyoming. He then
diversified his  portfolio by investing in stocks, real estate, and railroads.
He then  began investing in entertainment companies, co-founding Major League
Soccer as well as multiple teams, including the LA Galaxy, Chicago Fire, Houston
Dynamo, San Jose Earthquakes, New York / New Jersey Metro Stars, and the Kansas
City Wizards. In addition, Anschutz owns stakes in the LA Lakers, LA Kings, and
venues including the Staples Center, The O2 Arena (London), and the Home Depot
Center. Anschutz also invests in family films such as The Chronicles of Narnia.
Forbes ranks him the 34th richest person in the U.S. with an estimated net worth
of $7 billion as of October 2010.[1]

Often identified as "Christian billionaire Phil Anschutz",[11] he is a
Republican donor who supported George W. Bush's administration. He has been an
active patron of a number of religious and conservative causes:
	* Helped fund Colorado's  1992 Amendment 2, a ballot initiative designed to
overturn local and  state laws that prohibit discrimination against individuals
on the basis  of sexual orientation but was invalidated by Romer v. Evans after
it passed.[12]
	* Helped fund the Discovery Institute, a think tank based in Seattle,
Washington that promotes intelligent design and criticizes evolution.[13]
	* Supported the Parents Television Council, a group that protests against
television indecency.[13]
	* Financed and distributed films with Christian themes, such as Amazing Grace
and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe,  for mass
audiences through his two film production companies and  ownership of much of
the Regal, Edwards and United Artists theater  chains.
	* Financed The Foundation for a Better Life.
	* In 2009 Anschutz purchased the conservative American opinion magazine The
Weekly Standard from Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.[14]Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA