[Vision2020] benefit this Sunday

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Dec 17 10:46:03 PST 2010

Gee, for someone who really is leaving Vision 2020 for awhile, I've posted quite a bit this week.

But my son, Anthony, asked that I share information about a benefit dinner and concert Sunday night at the 1912 Center to raise money for a fellowship tour of Palestine organized by Dr. Melissa Saul of the UI Education Department.  Anthony is a senior majoring in Secondary Education and Curriculum as well as General Social Studies, and he has been invited to take part in the May 2011 trip, which continues Dr. Saul's work in teaching children in conflict-ridden areas of the Middle East.  It's a worthy endeavor, and I'd probably participate even if I weren't insanely proud of my son and the honor extended to him by being invited, as an undergraduate, to accompany Dr. Saul and her colleagues.

Here's the link, and here are the details:  Sunday, 7 p.m., 1912 Center, with dinner, music, and an opportunity to hear about Dr. Saul's work:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=171832452851236&index=1

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com