[Vision2020] Curiosity Question

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 20:57:51 PST 2010

Just to set the record straight, Gary, most of my posts on the V are
VERY different.

First I posted because Doug Wilson offended blacks by suggesting that
slavery was, as one person put it, a "paradise" and sanctioned by the
Bible. Then I complained about several and continuous insults to gays
and lesbians by members of the same local church. Sprinkled about were
comments about various slanders and misrepresentations of liberals,
progressives, and intellectuals. Then there were my responses to
condemnations of Muslims by No Weatherman, etc. After that I left
Christ Church out of it completely and complained about the pastor of
the Republican candidate for state senate who called Mormons
blasphemous. And my latest posts were inspired by NSA's recent violent
rhetoric against secularists.

But I guess Darrell was right. It's just the same old story: folks
from conservative churches insulting anyone and everyone who thinks
and acts differently than they do. And since they provide such a solid
voter base for the local Republican party it is silly of me to keep
posting about this stuff and making the same old point. For the
lunatic fringe has taken over and can do whatever they damn well
please.

Let me see if I finally have it right.

Insults from conservatives toward anyone: GOOD!

Criticisms of those insults by liberals and progressives: BAD!

Best, Joe