[Vision2020] The Vision 2020 Mission Statement

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 09:24:52 PST 2010

Joe. First of all Happy Birthday. May tomorrow bring you happiness and well being.

With that said, off to the nitty gritty. Please tell me how I have restricted or attempted to silence you or your right to free speech? Have I told you to shut up? or zip it? The answer is no Joe, plain and simple. I believe Darrel offered a home brewed beer to help calm the storm. I've offered in the past to buy a cup of coffee or a beer. Both of us did so with intensions of thoughtful conversation and educated dialogue. Both attempts have been declined. Doesn't seem like an attempt of silencing to me.

You wanted examples of how you and Darrel's conversation became "uncivil" (I stated personal but whatever) so here we go. With one of your last posts you stated numerous quotations of Darrel's so I feel no need to repeat those. Here are some others though.

-"I might sound a little offended since you did in fact offend me." Dec 5

This comment should speak for itself.

-"I spent 4 hours today finding data that should convince you that your
accusation might be false and has no basis in terms of recent posts on
the V. If you think it has a basis, spend a little time to back it up.
Or admit that you really don't know what you're talking about and that
your opinion is based on hearsay from your conservative friends and
nothing more. This is a harmful accusation that leads folks to dismiss
the V for no reason. So far there is no evidence that you are doing
more than spreading vicious rumors against your political opponents.
If you're not, back your comments up and admit they have no basis." Dec 4

Implies that Darrel has intentions of alternative motives and that all conservative opinions have no backing.

-"I have know intention to share insults with you any further, Darrell" Dec 3

Again, should speak for itself, implies insults have already been mentioned

-"And you don't, Matt? Just press delete and save the lectures for your kids." Dec 1
Should this be construed as an attempt of silence?

-"Liberals are liberals, you're
either for global warming or against it, and conservative Christians hate
Muslims." Dec 1

Hmm I'm Christian and have conservative beliefs. I don't hate muslims. Just another smug ignorant comment.

-"Spell check, Roger. You have it, use it." Nov 29

I wonder if you would say this comment to Tom or Keely in that tone.

-"Long story short: if you'd stop telling me what I can or cannot freely
talk about on the V, I'd be happy to leave you out of it altogether.
On the other hand, if you are going to get in my face, I'm going to
get back in yours. That's just how we roll in Jersey. Sorry you got
the news a bit late!"

wow.

There are more examples but I'm done with this. Also, I will further spare the fine people of the Viz of our adolescent conversation.

My offer of a cup of coffee or a brew still stands.

Happy B day

Matt