[Vision2020] Local Islamophobia & Gresham Bouma

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 31 17:30:42 PDT 2010

In today's Daily News (the encouraging signs of a changing face of the DN
convinced me to resubscribe), there was a great article entitled, "Area
mosques unscathed by NY controversy: Still, strident attitudes worry local
Muslim leaders."

Here's an except that I want to offer comment on:
"Ghazanfar said politicians, pastors and other leaders must take a stand
against the flames of Islamophobia that are being fueled by a well-funded,
vocal opposition to the Park51 project located near New York's ground zero.
<snip>  Ghazanfar said despite Moscow and Pullman being university towns
with many wonderful and tolerant people, the cities aren't immune from the
small but loud voice of bigotry. He said he received a couple of angry,
anonymous letters after the Daily News last week published a letter to the
editor he wrote decrying the Park51 opposition."

One can't help but wonder if the words & actions of at least one local
pastor and local Idaho Senate candidate might have played a role in those
angry, anonymous letters.

http://www.freezechurch.org/page41.html
"Today, the Jewish people have no temple on Mount Zion; instead, a
blasphemous Islamic mosque stands there desecrating that holy place of God.
By the way, the Muslims are attempting to do the same thing in New York City
at the former site of the Twin Towers.  If you didn’t receive the email from
Gresh and Wendy telling about it, let them know and I’m sure they’ll be
happy to send it to you."

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in seeing the email Candidate Bouma
passed around to his select following; if anyone cares to share, I'm sure
many Visionaries -- and others in our community -- would dearly love to see
it.

Indeed, Candidate Bouma is certainly keeping a low profile for someone
trying to convince constituents to give him their votes for Senator, which
seems quite curious to me.  Actually, it's rather reminiscent of that
anti-public education Kirker who tried to run as a stealth candidate for the
school board awhile back, don't you think?

An educated community foiled that wingnut's effort, and I'm optimistic that
an educated community will foil Gresham Bouma's & Ike Young's stealth
campaigns.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****