[Vision2020] Update on Muslim Center in Lower Manhattan

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Aug 26 11:03:49 PDT 2010

Nick,

I fear for the sanity of our country not only for the intolerance of one or more religions for others, but mostly because so many thoughtlessly buy into religious fantasies in the first place, and for which plethora of fantasies there is no method of deciding which is true, if any.

There is little or no dispute about the truth of the terrestrial applications of the so-called Law of Gravity upon which evidence can be brought to bear, but pick all the religious beliefs for which there is little or no credible evidence, and arguments, uncertainty, intolerance, torture, death, etc is sure to result.  This is especially ironic in the cases such as Christianity and Islam where the beliefs include an all-knowing, all-powerful, perfectly good god, who apparently cannot write a clear instruction manual nor get the word out any better than a severely failing ad agency.

Man, the rational animal?  Methinks not.

W.