[Vision2020] Something DEFINITELY different

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Aug 26 09:30:16 PDT 2010

I read last year a very interesting, well-written book on the science and culture, if you can call it that, of dead bodies and their handling, whether for research or simple burial.  It's called "Stiff," which is more irreverent than the book itself, and it's by Mary Roach.  I read it, oddly enough, shortly after my dad died, and I found it surprisingly comforting.  It's one of the most fascinating books I've read, and I think many of you would find it so as well.

And referring to Tom's original post, about what to call the box containing his and Rodna's cremains, I might suggest this:  Store the box in the laundry room, next to the box of Dryer Lint, and label it Die-er Lint.  Just don't mix the two . . .

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com