[Vision2020] Something DEFINITELY Different

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 21 14:23:58 PDT 2010

Greetings Visionaires -

Over the years I have posted some rather . . . strange (for lack of a better
term) . . . comments.

I hear what you're saying'.  You're probably thinking, "No!  Not Tom Hansen.
Not hard-charging thoughtful Tom 'Brad Pitt' Hansen!"  Well, you would be
wrong (but thanks for comparing me to Brad Pitt, anyway).

This one will make those pale in comparison.

A few months ago, Rodna (that's my significant other) and I joined the
Neptune Society.

Instead of going into long, boring details explaining the Neptune Society to
y'all, I'll let you read about it for yourselves . . .

"The Neptune Society"

http://www.neptunesociety.com/

The two things about the Neptune Society that appealed to me are:

1)  It's a lot less expensive than a funeral and a casket (a one-time
payment of just under $3,500 covers both of us - absolutely no more
payments)

2)  Cremation and ashes seem a lot more appealing to me than slowly
degenerating into worm dung.

Well . . . enough with the preface to this posting.

Since the Neptune Society cannot legally store the urns (a law that was
passed back in 2007), you guessed it . . .

The urns were delivered to us yesterday.  Here is a photo of one of them.

http://www.TomandRodna.com/Stuff/The_Urn.jpg

And, just like any other product, this came with a short paragraph of
instructions

The_Urn_Label.jpg

Yes.  That's right, V-peeps.  No matter what kindnesses I share (or have
shared), feelings I provoke (or have provoked), or relationships I take
pleasure in (or have enjoyed) in the past 59 years along with the next 30
years (hey, I ain't leavin' any time soon) . . . after all is said and done,
it's the "plastic bag provided with the urn" for yours truly.

Not only that, but I will be toting it with me until . . . well . . . you
know.

So, I have decided that if I am going to be responsible for maintaining the
urn, its contents, and the "plastic bag provided with the urn", I might as
well give my final residence a name.

Any ideas?

Hey, I told you this was going to be weird.

"Death is just nature's way of telling you to slow down."

- Dick Sharples