[Vision2020] Daily News OUR VIEW: UI's disdain for citizens who fund it is appalling

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Aug 16 20:00:34 PDT 2010

Saundra writes:

"Mues is not only utterly unqualified for his position at the UI, he is also fundamentally unsuited to work for a public institution where public accountability & transparency are crucial"

It's particularly frustrating considering the UI knew there was community interest in the outcome of the security decision. It seems they didn't want any input folks may have provided if we knew the potential for this decision.

Sounds like the city council's Hawkins deal!

btw, Mues is also the guy who gutted Wheatland Express's bus service, and why there is no summer bus anymore.  I guess rent-a-cops are more important than public transit...

gclev