[Vision2020] Daily News OUR VIEW: UI's disdain for citizens who fund it is appalling

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl.fastmail.fm
Mon Aug 16 11:53:51 PDT 2010

Hi Wayne,

I agree that Mues isn't the only culprit, but I'm more familiar with his
mindset than I am with that of others since I've actually spoken to Mues in
person.  I provided him with information straight from the UI about the
steep decrease in UI payments for retiree health costs.  His response was
that the info we'd received "had" to be wrong and that he'd check into it
and provide us with the "correct" information.  Almost a year later, I'm
still waiting.  The only conclusion I can draw from that is the data
received directly from the UI was, in fact, accurate, and the UI's claim
about retiree health care costs being responsible for the shockingly
escalating employee premiums (particularly for employees with families) for
reduced coverage was a load of crapola.

During the same meeting, Mues also informed me that he was responsible for
telling the BAG (Benefits Advisory Group) not to take meeting minutes - he
stated minutes had been kept prior to his tenure.  This was during the same
time the UI was trying to extort $100 from me (at $25/hour) to "locate" what
were non-existent records and another $50 (1000 pages at $0.05 per page) to
copy those same non-existent records.

I will add, however, that Rose Huskey & I attempted to bring our concerns to
Dr. Nellis' attention shortly after he arrived.  Clearly, he was
uninterested in Mues' history of thwarting transparency and accountability
then, and he is apparently uninterested now.

Inquiring minds want to know why over the past few years the UI has
accumulated quite the record of contracting with non-local right wing whack
jobs that always wind up soaking the UI, UI employees, and the taxpayers for
far more than expected rather than with local entities (i.e., MPD) and
companies (i.e., Regence BSI) where there might be some genuine
accountability and interest in providing quality service for a fair cost.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2010 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****