[Vision2020] Facebook; The death of Vision 2020?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 15 15:18:03 PDT 2010

The technology is simply email and the standards involved in such, and
the mailing list software.  I don't see email or mailing list software
going away anytime soon, but someday the next Facebook will appear and
everyone will flock to that.  Open standards are a good thing.  There
are plenty of free email clients and smtp servers and mailing list
software packages.  If FSR dumped us one day, someone could roll their
own SMTP server and setup a domain name for their site.  Or host it on
"the cloud" somewhere and we'd be back in business again.

Paul