[Vision2020] AlliedBarton and UI Spin

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Aug 13 08:37:06 PDT 2010

"The contracts go into effect on Oct. 1 for a term that runs through June
30, 2014, with the opportunity to renew for up to six years."

What an EFFING load of crap!

Courtesy of UI News and Events at:

http://www.uidaho.edu/newsevents/item?name=regents-approve-comprehensive-law
-enforcement-and-security-package

Regents Approve Comprehensive Law Enforcement and Security Package

Thursday, August 12

POCATELLO, Idaho - Community safety efforts at the University of Idaho will
be deeper and more effective through a hybrid services approach approved
today by the university's Board of Regents. The approval of contracts with
the city of Moscow Police Department and AlliedBarton Security Services came
during the State Board of Education meeting in Pocatello.

"Our commitment as a university is to ensure that the environment is safe
for everyone who lives, learns, works and visits us," said Chris Johnson,
university director of contracts and purchasing. "The community policing
approach by the Moscow Police Department, supplemented by the preventive and
security work by AlliedBarton, will take us to the next level of safety. We
appreciate the regents' approval of these contracts."

A hybrid approach to law enforcement and security services on university
campuses nationwide is not uncommon. As the University of Idaho examined its
needs, it identified the opportunity to provide more comprehensive services
to its Moscow community, which is comprised of more than 10,000 students and
approximately 2,800 employees on more than 300 acres with roughly 250
buildings

Under its annual $937,715 contract, the Moscow Police Department will
continue to provide dedicated campus police officers and a campus substation
within the Idaho Commons. MPD's scope of responsibility includes responding
to and investigating criminal activity; and continuing and enhancing its
community policing services, including a focus on illegal substances. MPD
also will continue its education and mitigation work in student living
communities.

"The City of Moscow is pleased to continue our positive relationship with
the University of Idaho," said Gary J. Riedner, Moscow city supervisor. "The
MPD has been providing proactive and community oriented policing services to
the University of Idaho campus community since 1966 and we have a long
history of cooperation and positive service. We look forward to
accomplishing our goal of promoting a safe and secure campus environment to
students, faculty and staff of the university."

Under its annual $385,291 contract, AlliedBarton will provide a continuous
security presence including robust patrols of campus buildings and
locations; round-the-clock monitoring and surveillance; staffing of a
24-hour safety and call desk; and a focus on crime and loss prevention.
AlliedBarton provides security services for colleges and universities across
the nation, including major research universities. Its clients include the
University of Pennsylvania, the University of Chicago, Stanford University,
Yale University, Duke University, Johns Hopkins University, California State
University at Northridge and the University of South Florida.

"We've found that a hybrid approach - where law enforcement and contract
security teams work together - works well to improve campus safety in a cost
effective manner," explained Glenn Rosenberg, AlliedBarton's vice president
of higher education. "The University of Idaho has demonstrated a tremendous
commitment to ensuring the safety and security of it students, staff and
visitors. With our experience as the leading security services provider
serving institutions of higher education, we've worked with university
officials to develop a comprehensive security program specific to the
University of Idaho's needs. Additionally, we are excited about the
opportunity to create jobs locally."

The contracts go into effect on Oct. 1 for a term that runs through June 30,
2014, with the opportunity to renew for up to six years. Seven organizations
submitted proposals in response to an open, competitive request for proposal
process.

Seeya at Farmers Market, Moscow.

"If you ever see me being beaten up by the cops, put down the video camera
and come help me, alright?"

- Bob Goldthwaite