[Vision2020] Deep Solar Minimum 2008-09: Lowest Since 1913: March 2010 Global Temperature Set New High

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 20:00:16 PDT 2010

The global climate is a chaotic system that is affected by multiple
inputs, some cyclical in nature, some more-or-less random.  One such
cycle is the sunspot cycle, which has lately stalled again and is on
it's 8th day in a row of spotless sun days. We know so little about the
system in general that it's hard to say what kind of a lag would be
apparent or how long of a solar minimum would need to change x numbers
of degrees in global mean temperature.  Anyway, all it takes is a 1% or
2% change in albedo, or a small change in cloud cover for the game to
change completely, which is something that we can't model
realistically.  We'll just have to see how this pans out over the next
few years.

That's one of the reasons I'm so skeptical that our CO2 footprint is
going to cause massive global damage if we don't do something RIGHT
NOW.  It's almost impossible to isolate that one variable amongst the
chaos that it's pointless to be worried about it until it's a bit more
obvious that the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Paul