[Vision2020] racism enshrined in Arizona law

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Fri Apr 23 15:26:05 PDT 2010

 Arizona Governor Signs a Controversial Immigration Bill

 Gov. Jan Brewer of Arizona signed a bill that would require
> the
 police to ask people about their immigration status if
> officers
 have any reason to suspect that they are in the
> country
illegally.  (NY Times, April 23, 2010)

This is shameful.

"Any reason to suspect" that someone is in the
country illegally means simply that "anyone who looks Mexican" could
have their race, language, ethnicity, customs become probable cause for
questioning.  The idea of "driving while Mexican" used to be a wry, sick
 joke.  Now, it's a cornerstone for "law and order," and it reeks.

 hope our local "Libertarians" and freedom lovers join me in condemning
this bill with all vehemence.  Because if not, the silence from their
keyboards, fieldhouses, and offices would be deafening, given the
incessant braying recently about the State's denial of rights,
pronounced threats to liberty, and an alarming erosion of Constitutional
 and family values.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com