[Vision2020] Awesome Photos of Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull Volcano

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Thu Apr 22 11:44:22 PDT 2010

Wow.  Reminded me of May 1980 when our town stood still in the face of the
ash from Mt. Saint Helens.  Although it wasn't as deep as you see it in
places there, it was simply awful.  Remember, Moscow schools closed and did
not reopen for classes till the fall.  Kids just came in when they could and
got stuff from their lockers.

Those of us who taught senior required classes had to just guess at grades.
I remember we didn't post any Fs, so a few kids got a big break.  But others
who would have worked like crazy for the next few weeks to bring up grades
discovered the penalty for succumbing to "senioritis."  Our youngest went
out to help clear ash and decided to wash the living room window.
Everywhere she rubbed on the glass left scratch marks.

Thanks, Tom, for the amazing pictures.  Our granddaughter has been on
holiday in Berlin.  She is supposed to go back to Spain through London
today.  I'm waiting to hear her call to let us know she got back ok.

Sue