[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 21 17:53:36 PDT 2010

“I’m telling you that this works. You know, before we all started having
health care, in the olden days our grandparents, they would bring a
chicken to the doctor, they would say I’ll paint your house. I mean,
that’s the old days of what people would do to get health care with your
doctors. Doctors are very sympathetic people. I’m not backing down from
that system.”

- Republican Sue Lowden (R-NV), candidate for US Senate, suggesting an
optional health care plan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9o8lVWWDac

----------------------

To which the Democratic Party responded with their website . . .

"Chickens for Checkups"

"Sue Lowden has an old-timey solution for a modern problem: Americans
should barter with their doctors for health care with things like chickens
and house painting. Do you need medical care? Write a letter to Sue Lowden
with your ailment and what you're willing to trade, and we'll make sure
she gets it. It’s just like the good old days!"

http://www.dscc.org/chickens

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown