[Vision2020] UI Safer With Moscow Police

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 14:04:23 PDT 2010

Perhaps it may be of value to peruse the last several years of campus
police calls and determine how many were of "police" necessity
(holdups at the SUB for example).  I suspect a vast majority (suspect
- I have not gone into the police logs yet) are of the nature of
gun-checks, alarm bell ringing in the elevators, traffic control,
parking problems, noise complaints, all "minor" issues that could be
handled at less expense by a competent security contractor.  Those
issues requiring police presence could be contracted on an 'as needed'
basis.  I suspect given the low frequency of violent crime on campus
(drunken students firing at passing cars) risk would be minimal
(here's a can of worms opening up...) and for those at-risk situations
MDP response would be (could be?  should be?) quick.

GS