[Vision2020] medical marijuana in Idaho?

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Apr 7 17:36:01 PDT 2010

Judy  writes,

"He promised to do this at least two years ago and has dragged his feet since then."

Rep. Trail has been trying to get Idaho to legalize industrial hemp (something that should be way less controversial than his current bill) for a long time, yet the legislature doesn't want anything to do with it.

I don't think Tom dragged his feet on this issue.  I'd rather have him take 2 years to get it right than rush to write something that probably wouldn't get a hearing, anyway.

At least with the current bill, only closed-minded, uncompassionate people wouldn't support it.

I don't think this is something that he needs to get reelected, anyway.

Thanks, Tom, for getting this bill out there.

Now if we could get the rest of the legislature to come to their senses, and instead of challenging gun and health law, challenge a wasteful drug law and let me (a farmer) grow hemp for fiber!

Garrett