[Vision2020] The Parks Case

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Apr 2 12:28:57 PDT 2010

Sue Hovey suggests:

"One can talk about mitigating circumstances all they want, but the result
of this case would tend to support a legal contention that wives and
children are merely chattel."

It appears to me (as well, Sue) that both the Idaho judicial and
legislative systems are slowly turning the clock backwards . . . back to
the time in Idaho when fishing without a license or hunting out of season
carried a stiffer sentence than beating one's wife into submission.

It's only a matter of time, I guess, that tavern talk will also digress
back to the time when, instead of discussing baseball or football, patrons
will be one-upping each other on how many DUI's they have on their record.

Esto perpetua, Sue.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown