[Vision2020] Legislature to Reconvene?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 1 08:25:44 PDT 2010

NICE!

  From: Ron Force
  To: vision2020 at moscow.com
  Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 7:18 AM
  Subject: [Vision2020] Legislature to Reconvene?

  April 01, 2010
  Kevin Richert: No fooling: Legislature gets back to work?
  Kevin Richert - krichert at idahostatesman.com
  Copyright: © 2010 Idaho Statesman
  The Legislature will reconvene April 1 for a one-day special session, voting on a non-binding resolution titled, “The 10 Other Things We Really Dislike About the Federal Government.”
  Legislative leaders are reportedly split on whether to also call Uncle Sam to ask him if his refrigerator is running. However, the resolution appears to have sufficient votes to pass.

  Here are a few excerpts from a draft of the resolution:

  "WHEREAS, the federal government is ugly and its mother dresses it funny;

  "WHEREAS, you're not the boss of me;

  "WHEREAS, the federal government keeps interrupting our favorite TV shows with commercials about the Census and whatnot;

  "WHEREAS, neener, neener; and,

  "WHEREAS, we, nonetheless, still really like the F-35 project;

  "NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the members of the Second Regular Session of the Sixtieth Idaho Legislature, the House of Representatives and the Senate concurring therein, that we would rather eat a big plate of brussels sprouts than go to a pizza party with the federal government."

  Meanwhile, the federal government was believed to be drafting a rebuttal titled, "We're Rubber, You're Glue ..."

   List services made available by First Step Internet,
            mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com