[Vision2020] Live: UI vs NIU on Dish Network

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Sat Sep 26 13:56:53 PDT 2009

21-10 Idaho at halftime.  This is the NIU team that beat Purdue at Purdue a couple of weeks ago.  Keep it up, Vandals.....

Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:31:55 -0700
From: moscowsam at verizon.net
To: vandal at uidaho.edu
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Live: UI vs NIU on Dish Network

1:30 p.m., Saturday,
September 27, 2009

Moscow

Re: UI vs NIU Football, Live, Dish Network

UI 14, NIU 3

UI just scored after several plays following an interception!

A day or two ago I wrote, wondering if Dish Network's Ch-429 CSNCH,

Comcast Sports Network Chicago, would permit me to view the UI-NIU

game, because I was not permitted then to view the programming

content on that date.

Well, it is live on my TV now.  The cost, $5.99/month for a number of

add-on sports channels, which includes the one of interest today.

Add it by going to the web, logging-in to your Dish Network account,

then go to Programming, then add the $5.99/month sports package.

For my case, their Dish Network computer and their satellite had my

Dish box enabled within a few minutes.

There is a $24 alternative.  I am running this $24 experiment right now.

On Dish, it is ESPNU Gameplan on Ch-463, today.  $24 is less than two

General Admission tickets to a Kibbie Dome game. But this is only for

this game, like buying a very expensive Pay Per View movie.

Program content is identical except that oddly, the $5.99/month

CSPCH 429 Channel is slightly crisper, visually, as by comparing the

text in the screen-top banners.

And both are recordable; no apparent restrictions.

Go Vandals.